As I mentioned in my Christmas Eve recap, I made some cookies.
And there is a good chance I ate the majority of them.
Sorry I'm not sorry.
Black Pepper Chocolate Rosemary Cookies
(( makes about a dozen cookies ))
2 cups dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
a few grinds of fresh black pepper
1. Melt chips and butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat. Stir until smooth and thick.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and salt slightly thickened. Add rosemary and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Combine chocolate mixture with egg mixture.
4. Add flour and baking powder until just mixed. Cover dough and chill for 15-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 F in the meantime.
5. Form dough into ping-pong ball sized balls and flatten slightly. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or unlined and lightly greased, leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Check and if still too soft to hold together, bake for another 1-2 minutes (be careful not to overcook as these are meant to be gooey in the center!).
6. Top with powdered sugar.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
(( it bears mention to inform you that these are equally delicious with a glass of milk, a cup of coffee, or - personal favorite - a glass of red wine ))